Saturday, January 22, 2005

Did you ever think your long johns could make decisions for you?

Last night at work was cold. Really cold. Usually when it is that cold, the only thing on my mind is warming up next to the iMac. While at work, I was invited via cell phone to a round of bowling with some very new friends after I got off work. They planned on being there at 8pm and I knew I wouldn't leave work any earlier than 9-9:15pm. Being late for the game at a crowded bowling alley kind of made the iMac sound like the better idea for tonight. As I went back and forth with it in my head I remembered I had my long johns on and for some reason that did it. That was the deciding factor. Count me out. So as I drove the usual route planning on going home after work I found myself exiting sooner of the interstate than normal. I had an urge, a need for hot liquid. Hot tea to be exact. This is not a common practice for me by any means. Probably the first time ever after work. But, again, it was cold and I was outside most of the day so instead of the iMac warming me up it was going to be Sunergos. I ordered up a hot chai tea and started to talked with Brian the owner. We talked for a while. As I finished my drink we naturally ended our conversation. No sooner had that happened as the door opens and some folks start to pile into the store. I didn't pay much attention at first and then I noticed some faces and that it was the bowling crew! I guess I was supposed to be with those folks after all. The bowling alley was packed and they too felt the urge for hot liquid and came to Sunergos. We spent the evening talking and playing some cards and I it warmed me up even more that we ended up hanging out together. I really enjoyed their company... very much.

I just uploaded about a million photographs from the past three years to camerapocket.net - please take a look.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

K-why didn't I read this before? This is hilarious! Long Johns, O'Nan? Haha...the Lord is much more sovereign than your long johns!

5:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home