Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Worry is the devil

I'm in unfamiliar territory. Strange things are happening all over my world. Strange may not be the right word because these are good things... for the most part. I just associate the word strange with bad things. The most pressing is that I'm leaving on a train for Nashville in a few hours and I'm unsettled about it. I haven't worked my way down there in almost a year and I know I've forgotten some vital things. I think I’ll be ok until we hit the Nashville Terminal. This is the yard in Nashville and it’s a vast network of steel rails and switches that I’ve not seen for a while. To make things worse I’ve got an engineer with a short temper, and I'm afraid that this trip may be a bit nasty.

Of Asaph is playing our first show in almost a year with only 3 practices to prepare us. Plus another huge situation, which is indescribable, keeps my mind racing back and forth with different scenarios and outcomes and the knot in my stomach reminds me that I’ve GOT to trust God.

Because (say it with me...)
worry is the devil

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

WORRY IS THE DEVIL! WORRY IS THE DEVIL! WORRY IS THE DEVIL! (I'm saying it with you). I think we should have this up at Sojourn. We can put it on the big screen and underline it-that way, everyone will say it in unison. What do you think? I'll talk to Mike about it.

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home