Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My Short Story

The following post is a product of my experiments in silence and solitude. On a daytime trip to Nashville on a train last March, I couldn't wait to get into the hotel and watch some college basketball. When we'd stop to meet another train, or wait for a signal to proceed, I'd pull out "The Spirit of the Disciplines" by Foster and read as much as I could. The closer I got, the more felt God saying to get in the hotel and be silent. Rest, think, write... do anything but fill your mind and time with nothing. So, as I sat on the bed in the hotel room, the idea came to me to write the outline to a story about the last 5 years of my life. So, I outlined it that night and began writing it when I got home the next day. It is still unfinished, and unedited... but I want you to read it and make comments and suggestions if you would. Keep it mind, I am just typing my thoughts as I go, so I've not edited a thing but the spelling... and even that might not be done. Enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home