Saturday, September 10, 2005

84 Is the Magic Number

Every morning that I work 1st shift, I do a little surfing while I eat some cereal. As I clicked my way through the normal sites (woot.com, LB's blog, Sojourn, and now Fantasy Football) I looked at our "the Knot" web page (the address is long and I don't know how to link stuff on here, so I'll post it at the end). It's a web site for wedding information and background stuff, but at the very top right under our picture, today it said we have 84 days to go until the wedding day! That is crazy! Partially because 84 has always been a memorable number to me. For the most part, it was listening to 840am ("84 WHAS") with my dad as a child at U of K football games on headphones and on the way there and back with all the pre game stuff to get you excited about seeing the game and all the post game stuff, or just listening to talk radio with him to and from places. Also, it was 84 Lumber Company right next to where dad worked. Seeing that big sign with the red circle with the white "84" in the middle. For some reason, everytime I think of dad taking me to work with him or going to family day there I always remember 84 lumber. Or mile post 84 on the way north back to Louisville from Nashville on the railroad is right before the extremely large Green River bridge.

Some of the guys when I was training there would tell me stories of getting stuck up there on the bridge and having to walk their train in the middle of the night on the walk way that didn't have a guard rail. So, here is to LB and I... and 84 only more days until we are one.

Our Knot Webpage - cut and paste this in your browser
http://www.camerapocket.net/wedding

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Alex-that picture is BEAUTIFUL!!!

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said...

You believe in magic?

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Nick Nye said...

wait? You don't check my blog every day? what's up?

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home